The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   The Thrifty Christian (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Franchising my Pie (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=105583)

Naomi Ruth Lamb 04-25-2015 05:15 PM

Franchising my Pie

I was wondering if any of the men would be interested if I made Naomi's Moist Pie a publicly traded thing. If I told you that you could be a stockholder, would any of you take the plunge? So many of you have regularly visited that there have been Wall Street types contacting me to see if I would be willing to consider it. I will be meeting with a person that has a lot of experience developing privates like mine into public. Am I asking people to bite too early? Should I wait until I have spread in NY, LA, Seattle, Vegas, and other major areas?

I can't wait to hear your ideas. I am open to all of your suggestions.

NRL

WilliamJenningsBryan 04-26-2015 04:41 AM

Re: Franchising my Pie

I would offer some notes of caution Ms. Lamb, as well as a few suggestions. While many have sampled your exquisite pie with heavenly delight, a too rapid expansion could result in loss of control, a dilution of your brand name, and leave your business and financial condition stretched and withered. In the last decade you could no doubt have noted what happened to Krispy Kreme (who shot their debt load with ill-planned expansions).

Franchising is fraught with problems, the most significant of which is maintaining quality control of your delivered product. Franchisees will have to be heavily vetted and undergo recurring inspections to ensure their pies meet established standards. Going public with an IPO will require independent auditing, and the stock options will result in the dilution of your ownership and control. While both of these options may be the best way to raise capital without raising your debt load, the downsides are significant.

You have certainly become Freehold's little rosebud, and we all would like to see your business flower. I suspect that the best way to see this happen is to seek private financing, and Mayor Hold and the Church Elders may want to explore the investment of certain pension funds towards this goal.

I would be happy to stop by and examine your books to make a further assessment towards this end. I can arrange to sign any non-disclosure agreement you may wish to have on file.

BrotherLarry 04-26-2015 04:39 PM

Residing in godless New York City, I have first-hand knowledge of some of these Wall Street types, and most of them worship filthy lucre, not the Lord Jesus Christ of Nazareth. Most of them are Jewish or Catholic or atheist. Very few have ever seen the inside of a Baptist church.

You would do well to entertain the advice of the men of Freehold rather than the Sodom and Gomorrah that is New York City. I can't even imagine opening your pie in this filthy town. Do you really want Jews or even worse - muslims - to enjoy your creations? You should be reserving that delight for Christ-following, Bible-believing individuals.

I would go so far as to say that selling this business now might be good for your soul. Surely there is a godly man in Freehold wealthy enough to make an offer and one that is willing to make your pie something that people everywhere enjoy. In the meantime, you could be finding a husband, having children, and seeing your soul saved. Can I get an Amen?

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 01-05-2018 02:47 PM

I know I'm posting late to this thread (2 years!). But does anyone have any news about Naomi's pie franchise? When she opened it up to the public I lined up behind all the other men trying to get some but maybe I chose the wrong line because I still haven't got my chops wet. Anyone know the condition of Naomi's pie?

MitzaLizalor 01-08-2018 01:28 PM

She was last seen with Sister Rebecca (who popped in a few days later) in May. But since then there's been very little news. Some of the franchisees would be able to continue on with no trouble but I'm not that keen on pies preferring sandwiches myself especially those hot beef and pork ones at this time of year, yum, so am not a frequent visitor. Always interested in new recipes, so that could change. I trust they;re both OK and serving Jesus effectively wherever they are.

Dr. Anthony J. Toole 01-09-2018 03:03 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by MitzaLizalor (Post 1226416)
She was last seen with Sister Rebecca (who popped in a few days later) in May. But since then there's been very little news. Some of the franchisees would be able to continue on with no trouble but I'm not that keen on pies preferring sandwiches myself especially those hot beef and pork ones at this time of year, yum, so am not a frequent visitor. Always interested in new recipes, so that could change. I trust they;re both OK and serving Jesus effectively wherever they are.

I'm less comfortable with meat in my pie but it's certainly something I'll try if I know the cook is an expert at topping. Last thing you want is a soggy biscuit, trust me. :thumbsup:

I also like a hot box for lunch. Who doesn't?! Tell me, Mitza, how do you serve your beef sandwich? Pounded hard and sweaty, or freshly shaved with just an itty-bitty hint of burger showing?

MitzaLizalor 01-11-2018 02:50 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Well, I shouldn't talk out of school really but there's a butcher I know who supplies the meat for meetings which sometimes run over a bit. He's made a little rotisserie and we all help to get the fire going for some hot coals while he skewers a few nice pieces and it's funny, but often the little screw thing (holding the spit roast in place) comes undone and there seems to be an awful lot of fiddling around to get everything back where it belongs.

Eventually the thing works, though, it all sizzles along quite nicely and one or two of us check now and then to make sure nothing gets overdone. After a few hours it's ready. I like to drizzle some oil over it just before serving and everyone gets stuck in for a delicious meal. I do have a couple of pie recipes around somewhere and for a winter treat game pie is wonderful with hot spiced gløgg, but my first choice when available is the yummy spit roast.