The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Favorite Bible Verses (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Our God is an AWESOME God! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=19121)

Meek and Humble 01-20-2009 06:57 AM

Our God is an AWESOME God!

I am sick and tired of hearing people claim that the jealous and wrathful God of the Old Testament is just a mistake, and that in the New Testament we see God is really just some old liberal hippie. Gentlemen, this is simply not true! God is the same today, yesterday, and tomorrow! For this purpose, I thought I'd start a thread where we can collect quotations from only the New Testament, showing our Awesome and Powerful Lord at work just as hard as He once was!

Matthew 18:8-9
8Wherefore if thy hand or thy foot offend thee, cut them off, and cast them from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life halt or maimed, rather than having two hands or two feet to be cast into everlasting fire. 9And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: it is better for thee to enter into life with one eye, rather than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire.

Mark 4:25
25For he that hath, to him shall be given: and he that hath not, from him shall be taken even that which he hath.

Luke 8:27-37
27And when he went forth to land, there met him out of the city a certain man, which had devils long time, and ware no clothes, neither abode in any house, but in the tombs.
28When he saw Jesus, he cried out, and fell down before him, and with a loud voice said, What have I to do with thee, Jesus, thou Son of God most high? I beseech thee, torment me not.
29(For he had commanded the unclean spirit to come out of the man. For oftentimes it had caught him: and he was kept bound with chains and in fetters; and he brake the bands, and was driven of the devil into the wilderness.)
30And Jesus asked him, saying, What is thy name? And he said, Legion: because many devils were entered into him.
31And they besought him that he would not command them to go out into the deep.
32And there was there an herd of many swine feeding on the mountain: and they besought him that he would suffer them to enter into them. And he suffered them.
33Then went the devils out of the man, and entered into the swine: and the herd ran violently down a steep place into the lake, and were choked.
34When they that fed them saw what was done, they fled, and went and told it in the city and in the country.
35Then they went out to see what was done; and came to Jesus, and found the man, out of whom the devils were departed, sitting at the feet of Jesus, clothed, and in his right mind: and they were afraid.
36They also which saw it told them by what means he that was possessed of the devils was healed.
37Then the whole multitude of the country of the Gadarenes round about besought him to depart from them; for they were taken with great fear: and he went up into the ship, and returned back again.

John 3:18
18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Acts 5:15-16
15Insomuch that they brought forth the sick into the streets, and laid them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by might overshadow some of them.
16There came also a multitude out of the cities round about unto Jerusalem, bringing sick folks, and them which were vexed with unclean spirits: and they were healed every one.

Romans 1:27
27And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

1 Corinthians 7:5
5Defraud ye not one the other, except it be with consent for a time, that ye may give yourselves to fasting and prayer; and come together again, that Satan tempt you not for your incontinency.

2 Corinthians 2:15
15For we are unto God a sweet savour of Christ, in them that are saved, and in them that perish:

Galatians 3:13

13Christ hath redeemed us from the curse of the law, being made a curse for us: for it is written, Cursed is every one that hangeth on a tree:

Ephesians 5:33
33Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

Philippians 1:10
10That ye may approve things that are excellent; that ye may be sincere and without offence till the day of Christ.

Colossians 1:23
23If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

1 Thessalonians 2:15-16

15Who both killed the Lord Jesus, and their own prophets, and have persecuted us; and they please not God, and are contrary to all men:
16Forbidding us to speak to the Gentiles that they might be saved, to fill up their sins alway: for the wrath is come upon them to the uttermost.

2 Thessalonians 3:6

6Now we command you, brethren, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, that ye withdraw yourselves from every brother that walketh disorderly, and not after the tradition which he received of us.

1 Timothy 1:10
10For whoremongers, for them that defile themselves with mankind, for menstealers, for liars, for perjured persons, and if there be any other thing that is contrary to sound doctrine;

2 Timothy 3:16

16All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

Titus 2:9
9Exhort servants to be obedient unto their own masters, and to please them well in all things; not answering again;

Philemon 7

7For we have great joy and consolation in thy love, because the bowels of the saints are refreshed by thee, brother.

Hebrews 11:28

28Through faith he kept the passover, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the firstborn should touch them.

James 4:4

4Ye adulterers and adulteresses, know ye not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoever therefore will be a friend of the world is the enemy of God.

1 Peter 1:20
20Who verily was foreordained before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you,

2 Peter 2:4-5

4For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment;
5And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

1 John 3:8
8He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil.

2 John 10

10If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:

3 John 11

11Beloved, follow not that which is evil, but that which is good. He that doeth good is of God: but he that doeth evil hath not seen God.

Jude 6
6And the angels which kept not their first estate, but left their own habitation, he hath reserved in everlasting chains under darkness unto the judgment of the great day.

Revelations 2:23
23And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.

Billy Ram 01-20-2009 03:59 PM

Re: Our God is an AWESOME God!

Your right brother, boy if I ever hear the song with that title again I'll hurl.:blech:

Meek and Humble 01-20-2009 05:22 PM

Matthew 19:12 For there are some eunuchs, which were so born from their mother's womb: and there are some eunuchs, which were made eunuchs of men: and there be eunuchs, which have made themselves eunuchs for the kingdom of heaven's sake. He that is able to receive it, let him receive it.

Matthew 10:37 He that loveth father or mother more than me is not worthy of me: and he that loveth son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me.

Matthew 7:13-14 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Matthew 27:25 Then answered all the people, and said, His blood be on us, and on our children.

Matthew 6:26 Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?

Matthew 18:25 But forasmuch as he had not to pay, his lord commanded him to be sold, and his wife, and children, and all that he had, and payment to be made.

Ephesians 5:23-24 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.
24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

1 Corinthians 7:29-31 But this I say, brethren, the time is short: it remaineth, that both they that have wives be as though they had none;
30 And they that weep, as though they wept not; and they that rejoice, as though they rejoiced not; and they that buy, as though they possessed not;
31 And they that use this world, as not abusing it: for the fashion of this world passeth away.

Revelation 2:20 Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.

Luke 3:7 Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?

Revelation 22:15 For without are dogs, and sorcerers, and whoremongers, and murderers, and idolaters, and whosoever loveth and maketh a lie.

Hebrews 9:26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.

Mark 7:10-11 For Moses said, Honour thy father and thy mother; and, Whoso curseth father or mother, let him die the death:
11 But ye say, If a man shall say to his father or mother, It is Corban, that is to say, a gift, by whatsoever thou mightest be profited by me; he shall be free.

Matthew 18:34 And his lord was wroth, and delivered him to the tormentors, till he should pay all that was due unto him.

pinkpooj 06-08-2009 11:03 PM

Amen!!!

Allahu Akbar 06-09-2009 02:03 PM

my god is better than urs, he would eat ur pathetic excuse of a god for breakfast. no pun intended.

James Hutchins 06-09-2009 04:34 PM

Nice.
One post and infraction. Top that off with the poor spelling of an illiterate. Man, am I glad to see you!:sarcasm:

Bobby-Joe 06-09-2009 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Allahu Akbar (Post 337315)
my god is better than urs, he would eat ur pathetic excuse of a god for breakfast. no pun intended.

Banned aleady? Looks like Jesus p0wned your n00b behind loser.

Yes, God kicks bottom.

Miss April 06-10-2009 02:44 AM

Amen Brother Heathen_Basher Prasie Our Awesome God!

Stockingluver 06-10-2009 06:58 PM

what do you mean our god? surely that suggests that there are other gods if any at all...........................

discuss

Get Thee Hence! 06-10-2009 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stockingluver (Post 338257)
what do you mean our god? surely that suggests that there are other gods if any at all...........................

discuss

Those stockings been cutting off your oxygen supply have they?

'Our God' means what it says. One God for everyone.

You can read His Holy Words in your KJV.

Live by His Word and be Saved.

Run the gauntlet like you have been with your stocking fetish and you will be smelling sulfur for eternity.

babbyc 06-11-2009 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Get Thee Hence! (Post 338274)
Run the gauntlet like you have been with your stocking fetish and you will be smelling sulfur for eternity.

or run beside get thee hence for eternity and you will be smelling leater, sweat and brockwurst for eternity!! :innocent:

Get Thee Hence! 06-11-2009 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by babbyc (Post 339264)
or run beside get thee hence for eternity and you will be smelling leater, sweat and brockwurst for eternity!! :innocent:

As the title of the thread says

Quote:

Our God is an AWESOME God!
You should be thankful He banned you from His Forum.

Blessed be His Name.

Meek and Humble 06-13-2009 05:56 AM

Another one of the atheist mental elites, I see.

TC Patriot 06-20-2009 03:20 AM

19:36 Thus were both the daughters of Lot with child by their father.

I can't wait for my two little vixens to get me drunk and take advantage of me like Lot's daughters did with him.:thumbsup:

BrotherBill 06-27-2009 03:48 AM

Great post! It could strike the righteous fear of god into the wicked heart of any heathen if she would only take the time to read it.

God is my light 08-02-2009 10:53 PM

Don't you fellow christians agree that the word "awesome" is not enough for describing God? God isn't awesome, God is God! No word can describe his magnificence

Meek and Humble 08-03-2009 02:37 AM

I think awesome is an appropriate term to use, if you consider awesome in the traditional sense of being something which inspires awe:

Psalm 4: 4Stand in awe, and sin not: commune with your own heart upon your bed, and be still. Selah.

Psalm 33: 8Let all the earth fear the LORD: let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of him.

Psalm 119:161 Princes have persecuted me without a cause: but my heart standeth in awe of thy word.