The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Teaching His Word (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   The Ebonics Bible translation project. (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=74824)

Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson 02-19-2012 07:00 AM

The Ebonics Bible translation project.

Hey gang,

I'm looking for some volunteers to help me translate the Bible into Ebonics.

I just need you guys to help with whatever random scripture you feel like translating. It doesn't need to be in any particular order. I have a team in place that will help us with putting things into the correct order of the Bible.

The translation is open to civil discussion as well. We want to make this extremely important undertaking to be as accurate as possible, so the coloreds can read their Bible.

It goes without saying that we will either be using the Textus Receptus for our Greek work and the KJV for comparison to English.

You will have the opportunity to touch a darkie's life by speaking to them in their own language.

http://www.posters.ws/images/847575/buckwheat.jpg
Adorable aren't they?

I guess I'll start with Matthew 1.

18Yo dis how Jesus be comin into dis world: When he mama Mary was bout to get marryed to this nigga Joseph, before she had even used her coochie on him, bitch was knocked up by God.
19Joe be her man now. I guess they got married even do the bitch was pregnant, find out this ho had da babby humps now. He be thinkn he leave her all quiet like your daddy prolly did.
20 Fore he could do it this 7ft tall cracker came to he dream and say, "Say nigga, get yo drunk ass off the couch and get a job. God tapped dat ass beefo you did. Now deal wit dat shit and raise it fo Him, nigga.

Pastor Ezekiel 02-19-2012 07:10 AM

Re: The Ebonics Bible translation project.

One of my nigra servants has her little niglettes watching nigra cartoon shows like this one. Maybe it could help?

Bill R. Briscoe 02-19-2012 07:30 AM

John 3:16
Yo, so check it. Ya'll heard about G-diddy? Yea, so, he be all "Son, I give you my only Boo. So you BEST buh-LEE e'rry mothagrabbin' ward that he be spittin', ya gnaw wha' I'm sayin'? Ya'll do that solid fo' me, and you ain't gotsta worry 'bout bein' capped nah mo. Ya'lls eternal, dig?

Your generosity is so great for the darkones, Pastor Sampson. I feel truly blessed to even be considered to contribute to a noble and worthy necessary cause.

And before some atheist piece of human excrement strolls in here calling us bigots, he can drop to his knees and Pray to our Lord and Savior.
1 Corinthians 14:23-25
23 If therefore the whole church be come together into one place, and all speak with tongues, and there come in those that are unlearned, or unbelievers, will they not say that ye are mad?
24 But if all prophesy, and there come in one that believeth not, or one unlearned, he is convinced of all, he is judged of all:
25 And thus are the secrets of his heart made manifest; and so falling down on his face he will worship God, and report that God is in you of a truth.

Billy Bob Jenkins 02-19-2012 11:46 PM

Quote:

Deuteronomy 13:13-19

King James Version (KJV)

13Certain men, the children of Belial, are gone out from among you, and have withdrawn the inhabitants of their city, saying, Let us go and serve other gods, which ye have not known;
14Then shalt thou enquire, and make search, and ask diligently; and, behold, if it be truth, and the thing certain, that such abomination is wrought among you;
15Thou shalt surely smite the inhabitants of that city with the edge of the sword, destroying it utterly, and all that is therein, and the cattle thereof, with the edge of the sword.
16And thou shalt gather all the spoil of it into the midst of the street thereof, and shalt burn with fire the city, and all the spoil thereof every whit, for the LORD thy God: and it shall be an heap for ever; it shall not be built again.
17And there shall cleave nought of the cursed thing to thine hand: that the LORD may turn from the fierceness of his anger, and shew thee mercy, and have compassion upon thee, and multiply thee, as he hath sworn unto thy fathers;
18When thou shalt hearken to the voice of the LORD thy God, to keep all his commandments which I command thee this day, to do that which is right in the eyes of the LORD thy God.

Some busta ass niggaz, the chillun of Belial, done dipped, and spit, "Yo, less pimp us-selves out to dem udda godz, G-spice!"

So den axe aroun' an make sho a dat.

Den take yo gat an bus some hedz! Ice dem AN dey cowz!

Pile up dey dead asses in da screet and buhn it wif fiya.

Don't let dat shit stick to ya.

Do what da Lawd say!

How was that? :o

Rev. M. Rodimer 02-20-2012 03:34 AM

Brothers, this is truly a Godly effort to reach out to the downtrodden and oppressed Negroes, who live in poverty thanks to their "cultural tradition" of rejecting education because it is like "acting white".

But I am afraid that doing it in a vacuum could reduce the effectiveness of the approach. I suggest recruiting expert assistance.

The expert should be:
  • A full-blooded Negro or Negress
  • A prominent figure, known nation-wide
  • Eager to ingratiate him or herself to Christians, perhaps before a certain election in November
I am thinking, of course, of Michelle Obama.

http://image.blingee.com/images16/co...02_1657247.gif

She really could stand to improve her image.

Can you imagine her refusing Landover's request that she translate the Bible into Niglish? Er, "Elmobonics", sorry.

http://profile.ak.fbcdn.net/hprofile..._1679355_n.jpg

I do hate these nonsense words they make up to make lazy, butchered English sound like a 'real dialect' and a 'valid expression of culture'. :bad:

Bob4God 02-20-2012 11:16 AM

Whosoever would not seek the LORD God of Israel should be put to death, whether small or great, whether man or woman. - 2 Chronicles 15:13...

Yo, any nigga dat don't roll with da LORD, yo, we gonna pop a cap in his ass and we don't give a f*** if dat mofo is a pimp or a hoe.

I truly hope that with all the great personal sacrifices we're making, the coloreds will come to finally understand the Word of GOD.

Pastor Ezekiel 02-21-2012 03:51 AM

Okay, let me try my hand at this....:hmmm:

Big Daddy's Rap (The Lord's Prayer)

Yo, Big Daddy upstairs,
You be chillin
So be yo hood
You be sayin' it, I be doin' it
In this ere hood and yo's
Gimme some eats
And cut me some slack, Blood
So's I be doin' it to dem dat diss me
Don' be pushin' me into no jive
And keep dem crips away
'Cause you always be da man, G,

Straight up

Pastor William Nathaniel Sampson 02-21-2012 06:25 AM

Matthew 12:29-30 How da hell you creep up on a dealer and steal he shit if you don't tie him up first?

If y'all niggas ain't rollin' with me, I gotsta break my foot off in yo ass.

WWJDnow 02-22-2012 10:33 PM

Be dey no vasoline in Gilly ad?

If negroes want to get good with God, they'd better start learning English.

Rev. M. Rodimer 02-25-2012 07:33 AM

Did Michelle Obama agree to help with the translation?

The Lord's Sword 02-28-2012 03:46 AM

Genesis 1

1In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.

When dis shit popped off, G-dogg busted out da heaven and da earth.

Yeshua bar Yusuf 02-28-2012 11:08 PM

Pastor William,

I believe that God must have filled you with the Holy Spirit to inspire you with this idea. :praise:

A while back, I did some missionary work in Africa, and I picked up a little Jive (the native language of the Negro) while I was there. I'm looking forward to helping out with this project.

Here is, to the best of my knowledge of the language, Genesis 1:1-10.

Genesis 1
1 In da beginin, G-dawg busted out wif da hebbens an erf.
2 An da erf was all jacked up and blacker than yo' momma. An G-dawg's ghost rolled up on a boat like a boss.
3 An G-dawg holla'd, Gimme some light, nigga!, an dey was lights.
4 An G-dawg seen dat light, an how fresh it be, and G-dawg split da light from da dark.
5 An G-dawg calt da lights Day an da dark nite. An da evenin and mo'nin was da first day.
6 An G-dawg said, Damn, nigga, gimme some fir'ment up in dis here water, an put some o dat fir'ment in da middle o dem waters.
7 An G-dawg busted out da groun and split da waters that was up above and down belwo da fir'ment.
8 An G-dawg calt da fir'ment Hebben. An da evenin and da mo'nin was da secun day.
9 An G-dawg holla'd, Yo foo!, dem waters under hebben needs to be mopped up to get some groun up in dis biz-natch, and it got done.
10 An G-dawg calt da dry groun Erf, and da mopped up waters he calt Seas, and he seen that it was supa-fly.

I'm happy to continue working on it if you find yourself in need of further translations.

Yours in my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ,
Yeshua

True Daughter of God 03-01-2012 06:54 PM

After commenting on Miss Sha-nay-nay 'shofondaquiesha post I felt truly inspired to try to help out on the Ebonics translation:

Leviticus 20:16
And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

an' if yo beotch roll up unto any beast, an' get freaky wit it, you best pop a cap in da’ beotch, an' da' beast: Yo, you bettah kill dem sho 'nuff! Yo they blood best be all ov' tem punks. Tru dat!

-Always Yours In Christ.

Rev. M. Rodimer 03-01-2012 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yeshua bar Yusuf (Post 852983)
Pastor William,

I believe that God must have filled you with the Holy Spirit to inspire you with this idea. :praise:

A while back, I did some missionary work in Africa, and I picked up a little Jive (the native language of the Negro) while I was there. I'm looking forward to helping out with this project.
. . .

I'm happy to continue working on it if you find yourself in need of further translations.

Yours in my Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ,
Yeshua

Friend, your Niglish is impeccable! Did you take lessons from Michelle Obama herself?

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Daughter of God (Post 853749)
After commenting on Miss Sha-nay-nay 'shofondaquiesha post I felt truly inspired to try to help out on the Ebonics translation:

And if a woman approach unto any beast, and lie down thereto, thou shalt kill the woman, and the beast: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

an' if yo beotch roll up unto any beast, an' get freaky wit it, you best pop a cap in da’ beotch, an' da' beast: Yo, you bettah kill dem sho 'nuff! Yo they blood best be all ov' tem punks. Tru dat!

-Always Yours In Christ.

:fear2:

T-DOG, where did you learn to "throw down" like "dat"?

I am inspired to try this translation myself. I have encountered more than one Negro in my Truck Stop Ministry.

KJV John 3:16-20

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Niglish:

16 Big Daddy G, bein warm fo' His niggaz' form, handed ovah Hiz Boyo, so only dems dat believes can get up in His Holy Crib, yo.

17 Cuz G didin' send His Boyo to da hood to bitch 'bout it, but to be savin' y'all like yo momma be savin' at Walmart!

18 Any you niggaz as don't believe in da Boyo is already goin' to Hell! Don' ya'll be cryin', you done chose to not believe so to Hell you be goin'!

Eh, I'm not good at this. T-DOG, can you give it a crack? :crack:

The Lord's Sword 03-02-2012 12:34 AM

I think we need some general rules of thumb for this translation. The average e-bon-iks user, isn't able to comprehend complex things. I suggest that we refer to God by one specific e-bon-iks translation only. We are able to understand that "Big Daddy G", "G-dawg", "G-dogg", "Notorious G.O.D", "G", "G-diddy", "Gawd", "God doggy dogg", "Eazy G" are all one in the same, but we need to write for our audience, semi-literal, drug smoking, monkeys.They might think that there is more than one God and end up being Pagans!!!!!!!

Rev. M. Rodimer 03-02-2012 02:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lord's Sword (Post 853912)
I think we need some general rules of thumb for this translation. The average e-bon-iks user, isn't able to comprehend complex things. I suggest that we refer to God by one specific e-bon-iks translation only. We are able to understand that "Big Daddy G", "G-dawg", "G-dogg", "Notorious G.O.D", "G", "G-diddy", "Gawd", "God doggy dogg", "Eazy G" are all one in the same, but we need to write for our audience, semi-literal, drug smoking, monkeys.They might think that there is more than one God and end up being Pagans!!!!!!!

A fair point, though we should remember that the Lord is called by plenty of names in the KJV: LORD, Jehovah, Yahweh, Jealous, God, I Am, Jesus, King of Kings, and many more.

Here's a handy list.

Of course, readers of the KJV might have a somewhat easier time of equating "El-Shaddai", "Elohim", "Adonai", "Jesus", "Lord", and "Jealous" with "God" than the average Ebonics reader.

True Daughter of God 03-02-2012 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. M. Rodimer (Post 853846)
Friend, your Niglish is impeccable! Did you take lessons from Michelle Obama herself?

:fear2:

T-DOG, where did you learn to "throw down" like "dat"?

I am inspired to try this translation myself. I have encountered more than one Negro in my Truck Stop Ministry.

KJV John 3:16-20

16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.

18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.

Niglish:

16 Big Daddy G, bein warm fo' His niggaz' form, handed ovah Hiz Boyo, so only dems dat believes can get up in His Holy Crib, yo.

17 Cuz G didin' send His Boyo to da hood to bitch 'bout it, but to be savin' y'all like yo momma be savin' at Walmart!

18 Any you niggaz as don't believe in da Boyo is already goin' to Hell! Don' ya'll be cryin', you done chose to not believe so to Hell you be goin'!

Eh, I'm not good at this. T-DOG, can you give it a crack? :crack:

I was inspired by the good Lord! After trying to understand the hippity hoppity gibberish Miss LaFonda Sha-nay-nay 'shofondaquiesha was trying to say, is when I truly understood the real need for an Ebonics Bible. So I said a little prayer and asked our loving Savior to bless me and to help translate his good word the KJB 1611 edition to a "special" more "appropriate" Bible that the descendants of Ham would be able to fully understand and grasp.

Did you want me to take a crack at the verses you just translated?

Rev. M. Rodimer 03-02-2012 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by True Daughter of God (Post 853968)
I was inspired by the good Lord! After trying to understand the hippity hoppity gibberish Miss LaFonda Sha-nay-nay 'shofondaquiesha was trying to say, is when I truly understood the real need for an Ebonics Bible. So I said a little prayer and asked our loving Savior to bless me and to help translate his good word the KJB 1611 edition to a "special" more "appropriate" Bible that the descendants of Ham would be able to fully understand and grasp.

Did you want me to take a crack at the verses you just translated?

Yes, please do! You seem to really grasp the poetic, street nature of the Ebonics. It must be a gift of tongues from the Lord! :yahoo:

True Daughter of God 03-02-2012 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. M. Rodimer (Post 853977)
Yes, please do! You seem to really grasp the poetic, street nature of the Ebonics. It must be a gift of tongues from the Lord! :yahoo:

I will try my best, but as you know this is quite a tricky language.
I am not quite sure what the Elders decided would be the proper way to address our Lord in Ebonics, so I am open for correction.

KJV John 3:16-18

KJV John 3:16-18
16. Cuz God tot thiz whirl waz da’ shit, God went and done give up hiz baby boy, an if all uz foolz know hez da’ shit, he wont cap all our assez, and uz foolz will live a long long azz time.

17.So da’ babyz daddy God sent tat baby to the shitty azz whirl, so uz foolz could have ourz assez up and saved.

18.Da’ nigga that thinkz hez da’ shit, wont get a cap in da’ azz, but da’ nigga dat’ don’t tink hez da’ shit, all already got da’ green light on hiz azz, cuz dat’ nigga iz all messed up cuz he a dumb azz an’ not believe tat hez Godz baby boy.

-Always Yours In christ.

Rev. M. Rodimer 03-02-2012 05:43 AM

Sister T-DOG, that is beautiful! I'm tempted to write it in a greeting card and send it to Michelle Obama right now . . . in hopes that the Lord's Word will finally reach her blackened heart, and she will come to Jesus.

Why, she could drag her Muslim husband kicking and screaming into the Light of God's Love!