The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Satan's Entertainment (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=52617)

Basilissa 12-12-2018 03:46 AM

Re: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Another Phoney Christian (Post 1242638)
Well, why did Jesus need to die in the first place then? Jesus died because we sin, he needed to in order to save us.

See #1 in my previous post. :facepalm:

Quote:

Acknowledging we sin is the first step to becoming a good Christian. It helps us keep away from more sin.
Thank you for finally acknowledging that True Christians don't sin. :thumbsup:

Quote:

Being Absolved of all sin doesn't mean we don't sin. We still sin, we are just forgiven.

I hope this response clears up any hazy thoughts.
So you say God lied to us in 1 John 3:5-9?

Another Phoney Christian 12-12-2018 03:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1242635)
My goodness, you really are dim. OK, lemme try once again:

1) We are all born sinners. We both agree on that, you provided plenty of verses to back it up.

2) The fact that Jesus died for us, cleans those who believe in Him and who agree to be baptized, from all sins (e.g. Acts 22:16)

3) All people who do these things, are unable to sin (1 John 3:5-9).

Well, with this logic, any sin that we commit after Baptism will be held against us when we come face to face with Jesus Christ at the Gates of Heaven. We'd need to be baptized every day if we were to wash our sins away. That is sorta like saying: "After I am baptized, I can no longer sin, so I am now perfect" then that person proceeds to murder 3 people in their life, steal 5 cars, rape people, and torture people. Would that person still be considered perfect, or has he sinned?

Basilissa 12-12-2018 03:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Another Phoney Christian (Post 1242644)
Well, with this logic, any sin that we commit after Baptism will be held against us when we come face to face with Jesus Christ at the Gates of Heaven. We'd need to be baptized every day if we were to wash our sins away. That is sorta like saying: "After I am baptized, I can no longer sin, so I am now perfect" then that person proceeds to murder 3 people in their life, steal 5 cars, rape people, and torture people. Would that person still be considered perfect, or has he sinned?

No. It could mean one of two things:

1) They were phony Christians from the beginning. They were baptized, but never really accepted Jesus as their Savior.

2) There were real Christians, following a direct order from God, Who, in certain circumstances, allows to kill (e.g. Exodus 33:27-28, Numbers 31:17-18, Deuteronomy 7:2, Deuteronomy 17:2-6, 12, Deuteronomy 20:16-18, Joshua 7:20-21, 1 Samuel 15:3, etc), steal from (e.g., Deuteronomy 20:13-14), rape (e.g. Deuteronomy 21:10-14), and torture (e.g. Hosea 13:16) hellbound heathens.

Another Phoney Christian 12-12-2018 03:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1242643)
See #1 in my previous post. :facepalm:

Thank you for finally acknowledging that True Christians don't sin. :thumbsup:

So you say God lied to us in 1 John 3:5-9?

I am saying you are not understanding what the bible says. God hasn't lied, you just don't have a proper understanding of what that text is telling you. That text does not refer to us, it Refers to Christ. If you are able to destroy the Devil, and his evil, then please do it. That is what Christ has done in the past. We are not born of God, we are born of Sin. And, that 2nd one was not me agreeing with you. It was me saying if you acknowledge you sin, then you are on the right path to prevent sin from happening. You are saying that you are of no sin, which is false. We all have sinned at least once. If you can't accept that, then that's on you. We are born into sin. What you are trying to explain to me is that you are of NO sin, meaning you have never sinned in your life, which is untrue.

Dana723 12-12-2018 04:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Another Phoney Christian (Post 1242640)
Sorry about that, it wasn't 1 John, it was just John. Or a different bible. But, it still helps to prove my point. Also, it is something that is told over and over again per service I attend, so I remember that quote on a more personal level, since the Decan, or the Pastor says it almost every service.

If you can't remember where you read something in the Bible, then why bother quoting it? How can anyone trust you if you can't get that right? It's like trying to tell someone your address. If they can't tell you their address, then how many other things will they get wrong? :nono:

Didymus Much 12-12-2018 04:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Another Phoney Christian (Post 1242638)
Well, why did Jesus need to die in the first place then? Jesus died because we sin, he needed to in order to save us. Since Adam and Eve ate the apple, they cursed us into sin. We all are descendants of Adam and Eve. We might go to heaven, but we still sin. Acknowledging we sin is the first step to becoming a good Christian. It helps us keep away from more sin. Also, in 1 John 3:8 it says "If we claim we have no sin we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us". The same Bible Verse you gave me. The part right after talks about how "If we confess our sins, God who is faithful and just, will forgive our sins, and cleans us from all unrighteousness." That means if we believe in God when we die, we will be saved, forgiven, and go to heaven. Being Absolved of all sin doesn't mean we don't sin. We still sin, we are just forgiven.

I hope this response clears up any hazy thoughts.

Nope. You've still got them. Try reading the Bible AS IT IS WRITTEN. :thumbsup:

Another Phoney Christian 12-12-2018 04:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dana723 (Post 1242649)
If you can't remember where you read something in the Bible, then why bother quoting it? How can anyone trust you if you can't get that right? It's like trying to tell someone your address. If they can't tell you their address, then how many other things will they get wrong? :nono:

I quote it because I remember it by heart. Every service it is quoted by the Pastor. Why, should I not quote something that actually pertains to the conversation?

Also, there are multiple different versions of the Bible, I read at least 2 different versions of the bible, and my multiple bible studies call for different bibles to study.

I am also only human, I can't get everything perfect. But all of us are human, after all. Only Jesus, God, and The Holy Ghost are the true perfect ones.

Basilissa 12-12-2018 04:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Another Phoney Christian (Post 1242647)
I am saying you are not understanding what the bible says. God hasn't lied, you just don't have a proper understanding of what that text is telling you. That text does not refer to us, it Refers to Christ.

Why does it say then, "whosoever"?

Quote:

If you are able to destroy the Devil, and his evil, then please do it.
:huh:
Quote:

We are not born of God, we are born of Sin.
Indeed. And baptism, after accepting Jesus, changes that.
Quote:

You are saying that you are of no sin, which is false. We all have sinned at least once. If you can't accept that, then that's on you. We are born into sin. What you are trying to explain to me is that you are of NO sin, meaning you have never sinned in your life, which is untrue.
We might have a linguistic misunderstanding here. I am not saying I have never sinned in my life. I am just saying that I have been sin-free since I accepted Jesus as my Savior.

Here's a metaphor to make it understand a bit easier. All people are born like dirty clothes. Dirt = sin. Accepting Jesus and being baptized afterwards is like cleaning dirty laundry. Jesus' blood = detergent. Wash the clothes, and they come out clean. Clean = sin-free.

Dana723 12-12-2018 04:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Another Phoney Christian (Post 1242651)
I quote it because I remember it by heart. Every service it is quoted by the Pastor. Why, should I not quote something that actually pertains to the conversation?

Also, there are multiple different versions of the Bible, I read at least 2 different versions of the bible, and my multiple bible studies call for different bibles to study.

I am also only human, I can't get everything perfect. But all of us are human, after all. Only Jesus, God, and The Holy Ghost are the true perfect ones.

Correction: There is only one true version of the Bible and that is :kjv1611-read:

Another Phoney Christian 12-12-2018 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Basilissa (Post 1242652)
Why does it say then, "whosoever"?

:huh:
Indeed. And baptism, after accepting Jesus, changes that.
We might have a linguistic misunderstanding here. I am not saying I have never sinned in my life. I am just saying that I have been sin-free since I accepted Jesus as my Savior.

Here's a metaphor to make it understand a bit easier. All people are born like dirty clothes. Dirt = sin. Accepting Jesus and being baptized afterwards is like cleaning dirty laundry. Jesus' blood = detergent. Wash the clothes, and they come out clean. Clean = sin-free.

Well, I guess we do have a mis-understanding, because you wrote it in a way where it seems like you say where you are saying that you have no sin in your life. (When I say life, I mean your entire life) I understand that Baptism helps clean you, but you also need faith in order to enter the gates of heaven.

Glad we cleared that up.

Elmer G. White 12-12-2018 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Another Phoney Christian (Post 1242651)

Dear sinner, please do not hastily generalize your own inadequacies to everyone.

Genesis 6:9
These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

Yours in Christ,

Elmer :bye:

Another Phoney Christian 12-12-2018 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elmer G. White (Post 1242655)
Dear sinner, please do not hastily generalize your own inadequacies to everyone.

Genesis 6:9
These are the generations of Noah: Noah was a just man and perfect in his generations, and Noah walked with God.

Yours in Christ,

The lord does not like Pride. Noticing your Inadequacies is humbleness. Something you need to know how to be as a Christian. Jeremiah 9:23

Elmer G. White 12-12-2018 04:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Another Phoney Christian (Post 1242656)
The lord does not like Pride. Noticing your Inadequacies is humbleness. Something you need to know how to be as a Christian. Jeremiah 9:23

Please try to read our posts in context. I was referring to your claim that "nobody is perfect". You disagree with God about this as God told as how Noah was perfect.

In addition, you're accusing Apostle Paul of not being a Christian as he was not humble about his credentials.

2 Corinthians 6:4-6
But in all things approving ourselves as the ministers of God, in much patience, in afflictions, in necessities, in distresses, In stripes, in imprisonments, in tumults, in labours, in watchings, in fastings; By pureness, by knowledge, by longsuffering, by kindness, by the Holy Ghost, by love unfeigned,

2 Corinthians 10:8
For though I should boast somewhat more of our authority, which the Lord hath given us for edification, and not for your destruction, I should not be ashamed:

You might also want to read the whole Chapter of Galatians 2, where Paul explains in detail his many adventures and great works. It saddens me that by equating Pride in Being one with Jesus (i.e., Paul and us) = Pride in flesh (sin), you are claiming that Paul was not a Christian. :(

Yours in Christ,

TF2Supporter 12-21-2018 02:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 623982)
I actually think this woman is right. Look at the cast of characters and you can see it's the full spectrum of homosexual sub-culture.

http://www.tfportal.de/gfx/screensho..._tf2splash.jpg
From Left to Right: Rubber-suit S&M Fetishist, Construction Worker from the Village People, Man with a Gimp Mask, a shaved-head Bear, Cowboy from the Village People, Anorexic Emo Clubber, Soldier from the Village People, Biker from the Village People, Role-Playing Doctor that Performs Prostate Checks in the 3rd Stall in a Gay Bar Bathroom

It's Pyro, Engineer, Spy, Heavy, Sniper, Scout, Soldier (He's not gay, he loves America.), Demoman. Also, you guys appeared in Max Box's YouTube video: "DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TF2! - a dramatic reading".

It's pretty funny. Also, this is a throwaway account. :nono:

Dana723 12-21-2018 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TF2Supporter (Post 1243009)
Demoman

More like DEMONman! This game is awful! My boys will never, ever play such a Satanist game!

Jeb Stuart Thurmond 12-21-2018 02:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TF2Supporter (Post 1243009)
Also, you guys appeared in Max Box's YouTube video

Thanks for that, I've used it as an example of a poor debate tactic I call "nondebunking".

Dennis Lukes 12-21-2018 04:25 AM

How can a limp-wristed sissy like you even hold one of those controllers for hours and hours on end? Or have your countless sessions of self-abuse strengthened your right wrist enough to compensate?

I suck 12-31-2018 11:21 AM

***Very bad advice removed by moderator*** you ******* [the asterices here represent the poster's own self-censorship, moderators comment] retard. TF2 is good. If you agree with this 0 iq retarded pig about TF2, you can go **** [the same here] ur self

:Nono:

Brother Gonzalez 12-31-2018 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by U suck (Post 1243475)
***Very bad advice removed by moderator*** you ******* [the asterices here represent the poster's own self-censorship, moderators comment] retard. TF2 is good. If you agree with this 0 iq retarded pig about TF2, you can go **** [the same here] ur self

Sorry are you trying to express disagreement with God's view on TF2? It is hard to understand what you mean.
The use of grammar and correct punctuation could help. Also, arguments. Arguments are very important when arguing.

Let me know if I can help you with something.

JamesH.B 12-31-2018 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by U suck (Post 1243475)

Your name and your angry rant both indicate that you're a fool. You, sir or ma'am are a prime example of Ecclesiastes 7:9 and Proverbs 29:11. Why don't you follow Colossians 3:8 and make an introduction post?