The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Landover Baptist Lounge (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   What are you offended by right now? (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=29141)

Hereigns 12-07-2016 11:06 PM

Re: What are you offended by right now?

I will :D

Basilissa 12-08-2016 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hereigns (Post 1197116)
Please show me where in the Holy Bible it says that racism and bigotry are wrong.

Matthew 7:12 States "So whatever you wish that others would do to you, do also to them, for this is the Law and the Prophets."

Exactly. I want to be Saved so yes, I'd like that others helped me to be Saved, so I'm participating on this forum because I do to others what I'd like to be done to me.

Quote:

So you want people to hate you because of your skin color and how you choose to live?
I don't hate anybody. Even homosexuals and other deviants don't bother me. It's God who hates them, not me:

Leviticus 20:13 - If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood [shall be] upon them.

Don't shoot the messenger, dear.

Quote:

And you want them to say offensive things and say how horrible you are?
You say "offensive," I say "tough love." Personally, I want everybody to be Saved™, which is why I participate on this forum. Of course, God doesn't care what I want, and He set the rules of the world in such a way that most humanity is damned - that's how God wants it, not me.

Matthew 7:13-14
13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

After all, God didn't create Hell for it to stay empty. I suppose crowded conditions will add to its hellish character, while Heaven is more like roomy suburbs or rural areas, with lots of empty spaces.

Quote:

Acts 10:28 Says, "And he said to them, "You yourselves know how unlawful it is for a man who is a Jew to associate with a foreigner or to visit him; and yet God has shown me that I should not call any man unholy or unclean."
That's because Jews killed their own chances of getting to Heaven by killing Jesus, dear. After that, unbelievers are the new non-Jews:

1 Corinthians 5:9-13
9 I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
10 Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
11 But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolator, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
12 For what have I to do to judge them also that are without? do not ye judge them that are within?
13 But them that are without God judgeth. Therefore put away from among yourselves that wicked person.

It's pretty clear, dear. God wants us to shun unbelievers.

Quote:

Everybody here hates on so many people

Once again: we do not hate anybody. Jesus does.

Quote:

and I have heard that this website is a satire website, and I really hope it is.
You think that Bible is funny? You want us to think that the Bible is funny? That makes me sad. :(

Quote:

God is love and through love we will represent him.

1 John 4:7-8 also says, "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love."

One another
. That means, among Christians. The unbelievers is a totally different cup of tea - we are supposed to tolerate them, not love:

Romans 12:18
If it be possible, as much as lieth in you, live peaceably with all men.

Please notice the "if." It can be a very big if sometimes.

Quote:

I do encourage all of you to come to know the true God.
We do - through the only document that tells us about His nature, His character, and His Will. The Holy Bible. You should read it when you get a chance - not just a few selected verses spoonfed to you by your pastor, but the whole thing. It's really worth it.

Quote:

The one who cares about every single human being, sinner or not. The one who inspires us to do the right thing.
Such a "god" might exist in your head, but we have no evidence that the real God is like that.

Quote:

I don't think you guys accurately represent God on this website.
We don't really care what you think. We only care about what God thinks, and we know that from the Holy Bible.

Levi Jones 04-10-2017 04:26 AM

http://www.landoverbaptist.net/wordp...4/passover.jpg

This offends me horribly. It's not that God needed reminding. He merely required there to be blood on the door already to trick His servant.

God is smart. It's the angel of death that is very zealous and thorough. If he already saw blood all over the door, he thought someone was already dead and he would move on. It was God's way of helping the innocent not get caught up in the slaughter.

Dr Laurence Niles 04-10-2017 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levi Jones (Post 1209674)
http://www.landoverbaptist.net/wordp...4/passover.jpg

This offends me horribly. It's not that God needed reminding. He merely required there to be blood on the door already to trick His servant.

God is smart. It's the angel of death that is very zealous and thorough. If he already saw blood all over the door, he thought someone was already dead and he would move on. It was God's way of helping the innocent not get caught up in the slaughter.

This is quite correct. When Jesus builds a supernatural entity whose job it is to kill children there needs to be loop hole to make sure that it is only the little children that He wants to be killed that are killed and not the wrong little children.

What could be more terrible than the little children Jesus wants dead actually living because Jesus did a poor job building His little children killing entity?

I shudder to think.

YIC

MitzaLizalor 04-11-2017 12:09 AM

Something just as offensive is the way secular humanists, archaeologists, academic historians and even stargazers climb on board telling us that these events never happened at all! They want it both ways. First of all they explain how killing all those babies..not to mention rotting fish, lice infestations, destruction of food and elimination of drinking water all covered in boils breaking forth with blains upon man, and upon beast, throughout all the land of Egypt..was such a terrible thing to do for any reason. They say it was wilful action and that it was stage-managed to maximise misery for all concerned and that therefore we need to laugh at the silly people who think these are good things.

But then in the very next breath they will say oh but fortunately none of these events occurred and point to archaeology being done across The Levant, and in Egypt, or to the standard candles of dating in history being incompatible or tell us to look at the stars so why don't we all just care for one another and create their version of utopia? This is all very offensive to me.

So shape up atheists! Do you believe The Bible or not? Did a cruel pharaoh enslave The Israelites? Because if that's what you're saying and since the only record is preserved in Exodus you are accepting that record as historical. But if you're saying the opposite, failing to explain the plagues at all, then where is your argument against God?

It is because of His love that He protected The Israelites who remained unaffected by the plagues and were delivered. Pharaoh didn't know about love; he was motivated by hate. Not even the misery of infants smitten with boils could move him. Only hate does that.

It is offensive that you think we wouldn't see through such a shallow ploy and offensive that you'd try to get these subjects enforced as suitable for the classroom.

handmaiden 04-11-2017 01:41 AM

Another reason for the blood was to foreshadow the role that Jesus would play as the Lamb of God--sacrificed as the final and complete blood offering to appease God's just and holy wrath against all mankind for the offense of being born human and a sinner.

It seems like the whole Passover thing was sort of a dress rehearsal for the real deal. God was being super nice in giving the Jews a general outline of His divine plan. But when it came time for the real show, they missed the point and didn't even see the connection between Jesus and their Passover celebrations.

It's like they watched all the trailers for a blockbuster hit movie, figured that they understood the plot and story line, and didn't want to spend the money to actually see the movie. Typical.

So, we Christians have a right to be offended by Passover because it is all so unnecessary. It's done, you guys! You don't have to keep sacrificing a lamb every year because God got His fill with His Son's blood. The Lord did something spectacular by sacrificing Jesus--who is also Himself --for all the world to see and you guys keep getting together to tell stories about an extended camping trip.

Did you ever stop to think of how complicated it was for God to run the entire universe while He was also walking around on earth teaching about Himself? Then, He had to stop breathing and die whilst maintaining the infinite span of all existence so there was no "blip" in the eternal timeline. He really had a hard time of it. He didn't just suffer and die; He had to keep a running list of everything and not blow the plan by misusing His all knowing power.

If it had been me, I would have tripped up and told the kid sitting next to me in Bar Mitzvah class not to sweat the lessons because he was going to get run over by a chariot on his way to the service.

And I would have been really tempted to make a bet on the name of the guy the Romans would be sending as prefect of Judea. "You heard Flavius Quintas had the promotion in the bag? No way, I'll put 20 denarii on Pontius Pilate."

There are so many more sacrifices that Jesus must have made throughout His mortal sojourn that we won't know about until we get to sit down and hear all His stories in heaven. Now, that will be a really fun evening. Compared to dinner with Jesus, Passover will be passe`.

WilliamJenningsBryan 04-11-2017 07:47 AM

Those angels were pretty efficient killing machines - and no wonder you might need some kind of Promotion Code, special pass or bar code to prevent getting caught up in "friendly fire" as they say in the military.

As in Biblical times, all this was taking place in the Middle East - pretty much the same as what's going on today. We could use some help from the Lord using the special angels.

Quote:

And it came to pass that night, that the angel of the LORD went out, and smote in the camp of the Assyrians an hundred fourscore and five thousand: and when they arose early in the morning, behold, they were all dead corpses.

- 2 Kings 19:35

Des 04-11-2017 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamJenningsBryan (Post 1209792)

As in Biblical times, all this was taking place in the Middle East - pretty much the same as what's going on today. We could use some help from the Lord using the special angels.

God handled that when He made Trump be elected. Now God is having His will be done with cruise missiles. Glory!

I just hope President Trump keeps good on his non intervention policy. Cruise missiles don't really count as intervention, because they were fired from offshore and killed indiscriminately. Intervention means ground troops and shooting at a designated enemy, or something like that.

Adam Fag 04-12-2017 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmaiden (Post 1209759)
Another reason for the blood was to foreshadow the role that Jesus would play as the Lamb of God--sacrificed as the final and complete blood offering to appease God's just and holy wrath against all mankind for the offense of being born human and a sinner.

Is birth the worst crime? If God needs a child to kill for our sins why not just make one with Eve and kill that? It would still have God's blood and be sin free. To wait so long, is that not a worse crime?

Dolores de Barriga 04-27-2017 04:29 AM

I am currently deeply annoyed by Midwestern undergraduate students. :facepalm:

I'm reading through their exams and it's :facepalm: after :facepalm:.

I guess next time I'll have to forget that I'm speaking to high school graduates, and explain things which should already be common knowledge by middle school!

Elmer G. White 04-27-2017 04:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolores de Barriga (Post 1211105)
I am currently deeply annoyed by Midwestern undergraduate students. :facepalm:

I'm reading through their exams and it's :facepalm: after :facepalm:.

I guess next time I'll have to forget that I'm speaking to high school graduates, and explain things which should already be common knowledge by middle school!

Miss de Barriga,

My prayers are with you. It is indeed terrible that the youth of today is no longer proficient in the only form of knowledge that matters!

2 Corinthians 4:6
For God, who commanded the light to shine out of darkness, hath shined in our hearts, to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Jesus Christ.

It is also heartwarming that you are starting to care for the Spiritual State of the new generation, probably the last before the Big One (1 Thessalonians 4:17).

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...969f10b168.jpg

Yours in Christ,

Elmer :bye:

WilliamJenningsBryan 04-27-2017 06:56 AM

United airlines killed a giant rabbit, and Chelsea Clinton had to be reminded that Easter is about Jesus rather than Easter eggs. She's denied she is running for public office, hasn't made any movies, and when you Google profound utterances of Chelsea Clinton nothing comes up.

There are some people that need to close their Twitter and Facebook accounts, stop accepting invitations to speak and be interviewed, and stop writing tedious and tiresome books that no one buys - and Chelsea Clinton is one of them.

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 04-27-2017 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WilliamJenningsBryan (Post 1211109)
There are some people that need to close their Twitter and Facebook accounts, stop accepting invitations to speak and be interviewed, and stop writing tedious and tiresome books that no one buys - and Chelsea Clinton is one of them.

She also needs to start calling herself Mrs Mezvinsky, like a decent married woman. I am offended by women who retain their so-called maiden names when there is absolutely nothing maidenly about them.

Thomas Taylor 04-27-2017 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joanna Lytton-Vasey (Post 1211110)
She also needs to start calling herself Mrs Mezvinsky, like a decent married woman. I am offended by women who retain their so-called maiden names when there is absolutely nothing maidenly about them.

Dear Sister Joanna,

Chelsea Clinton, who was never a maiden anyway, is probably embarrassed at having a Joo surname,

YIC
TT

Joanna Lytton-Vasey 04-27-2017 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thomas Taylor (Post 1211112)
Chelsea Clinton, who was never a maiden anyway, is probably embarrassed at having a Joo surname

You think it's worse than being called Clinton? :lol:

Mrs. Elizabeth Johnson 04-27-2017 06:59 PM

Quote:

As I was perusing Fox News at the library, an ad came up for the heathen New York Times that stated that President Trump's daughter, Ivanka, went by Ms. Trump, instead of Mrs. Kushner. She seems like a dutiful daughter from what I've seen on Fox to her father and obedient of Ephesians 6:1 so surely, she obeys her husband and has taken on his name, right?

Alvin Moss 04-27-2017 07:22 PM

Quote:

I believe that the reasoning used here is the same as is used by Hollywood movie stars. The millions of dollars spent on promoting this harlot as the coming of the Mahdi would all be down the drain if she changed her name. Plenty of people get elected to office based on their last name being similar to someone else's. I think that's the plan here. People in New York will be voting for this woman for no other reason than she is named Clinton. Probably, every person named Clinton in the entire state could get elected, relative of Billary or not.

Matthew Schumer 04-28-2017 10:43 PM

Currently what offends me the most is the fact California is creating genders. There are only two genders, and those are the two genders created by the Good Lord Almighty. There are only men and then there are only women period.

chadramirez 04-28-2017 11:34 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The thing that is offending me the most right now is the abomination that is Simply Sara. She is a YouTube chef, that is very popular with the youth, being played on sinful comedy radio shows, and getting thousands of views. Experts have said that she has been puffed with what is "simply" described as "satanic fat content". She has sinned in the past, and is getting punished by the devil for it, and if she does not stop, she will pop. I included an image of what she looks like, and what she would look like if she wasn't a sinner. I also included some of the disgusting videos that you should report, one of them pledging allegiance to North Korea.

Attachment 26642
Attachment 26643

https://youtu.be/UckWZvlgDYc
https://youtu.be/9LL7_CTN72A
https://youtu.be/e9PqefBGdxc

WilliamJenningsBryan 06-18-2017 08:22 AM

I'm offended every time I hear the MSM talk about "assault" weapons - as if there were weapons that weren’t meant to "assault" anyone. What do they think we are going to do with "non-assault" weapons - cook bacon or open up a can of Chef Boyardee spaghetti? Being LIEberals they might imagine it one of those "As Seen on TV" George Foreman electric hamburger grillers.

So what are you going to do when you have one of those crazed mooselimb jhidai's coming at you with his AK47 equipped with a 30-round magazine - oh, lets call Bobby Flay, he'll know what to do. The best that Gordon Ramsay would come up with is probably some foul invective.

Jesus recommends owning two assault swords, and in our own time that probably means owning an AR15 accompanied by a side arm as backup.

Quote:

Then said he unto them, But now, he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one.

For I say unto you, that this that is written must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: for the things concerning me have an end.

And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And he said unto them, It is enough.

- Luke 22:36-38