The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Favorite Bible Verses (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Proverbs 3:5-7 - Only fools think for themselves (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=85394)

Jedediah 12-09-2012 06:41 AM

Proverbs 3:5-7 - Only fools think for themselves

While I rejoice in all of God's instructions, one in particular that resonates me is His admonition against thinking for oneself.

Proverbs 3:5-7
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.

How terrible must it be to go through life, trying to make sense of what must otherwise seem like a purposeless existence? What are we supposed to do - create our own purpose? But how do we do that with no moral compass?

It's enough to make me pity the unsaved. Reflecting on these anointed teachings compels me to get down on my knees and thank the LORD for providing such detailed instructions, so that I don't have to figure out anything for myself. Praise be to Him that for any and every question I have in life, all I need to do is to open my Bible.

Praise Him for His sweet tendermercies.

Levi Jones 12-09-2012 06:54 AM

Re: Proverbs 3:5-7 - Only fools think for themselves

Praise the Lord and amen for this anointed sharing, Brother Jed. I think we can all agree that God doesn't want us to do too much thinking or else He would not tell us it leads to madness.

Ecclesiastes 1:17
And I gave my heart to know wisdom, and to know madness and folly: I perceived that this also is vexation of spirit.

Pastor Ezekiel 12-09-2012 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jedediah (Post 956863)
While I rejoice in all of God's instructions, one in particular that resonates me is His admonition against thinking for oneself.

Proverbs 3:5-7
Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.
Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the Lord, and depart from evil.

How terrible must it be to go through life, trying to make sense of what must otherwise seem like a purposeless existence? What are we supposed to do - create our own purpose? But how do we do that with no moral compass?

It's enough to make me pity the unsaved. Reflecting on these anointed teachings compels me to get down on my knees and thank the LORD for providing such detailed instructions, so that I don't have to figure out anything for myself. Praise be to Him that for any and every question I have in life, all I need to do is to open my Bible.

Praise Him for His sweet tendermercies.

Amen Brother. This is one of my "go-to" verses when I'm asked to explain Biblically why the atheist is so hopelessly lost and demented. They fall into the well-known satanic trap of attempting to think for themselves! Then they attack us when we bring them God's Truth©.

Quote:

"Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?"
Galatians. 4:16

Jedediah 12-09-2012 07:15 AM

The apostle Paul tells us much the same.

Colossians 2:8
Beware lest any man spoil you through philosophy and vain deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ.

Why should we pay attention to what anyone has to say about anything, unless their advice comes directly from the Holy Bible?

JC's_Favorite 07-28-2014 06:28 AM

I'm so glad that Jesus gave me so many rules so I know write from rong. Other wise I'd had no idea that it's wrong for me, as a girl, to like other girls breasts.:thumbdown: (Sorry for that vulgar language, but God has commanded me to speek the truth.) I mean seriously! How else would I know it's wrong??? There is no other way to know. Their's nothing about it that would show that its wrong until God said it! Im so glad i dont have to be a slave to all that hot lesbien sex no more.

God is good! God is good!:thumbsup:

And lesbiens are evil.

This is wut lesbiens like. The interenet seys so. --> :dancing-poop:

Pastor Ezekiel 07-29-2014 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JC's_Favorite (Post 1102778)
I'm so glad that Jesus gave me so many rules so I know write from rong. Other wise I'd had no idea that it's wrong for me, as a girl, to like other girls breasts.:thumbdown: (Sorry for that vulgar language, but God has commanded me to speek the truth.) I mean seriously! How else would I know it's wrong??? There is no other way to know. Their's nothing about it that would show that its wrong until God said it! Im so glad i dont have to be a slave to all that hot lesbien sex no more.

God is good! God is good!:thumbsup:

And lesbiens are evil.

This is wut lesbiens like. The interenet seys so. --> :dancing-poop:

Please make a thread of your own in the "Introductions" section of the forum, so that we can properly greet you. Tell us about yourself, your church, and how you came to find Jesus.

And if you're here to flame us, better take a look at THIS before making an even bigger ass out of yourself. :rtfm:

I will pray that the Holy Spirit enter you and chase the demons out of your rectum and let Jesus fill you with His Grace. If you use your God-given free will to reject Christ and His temporary death on the cross for my sins, then you are sending yourself to hellfire. :sinner:

Scott Richards 08-13-2014 04:26 AM

Thank you for sharing Brother Jed . In America our young children are being taught to think for themselves . I cannot stand the public schools, Obama is unleashing his communist agenda and trying to fondle his fingers all over our Christian teachers . That is why I home school my kids and we only have one book. I am afraid to teach them to read because i do not want them to go read communist books when my wifee is not watching them . Does anyone know how to deal with this situation . Thanks.

WWJDnow 08-14-2014 06:58 PM

Megadittos.

AnimeIsDemonic 08-27-2014 09:17 PM

What's the problem in having conscience and free will? God wants us free and USA is the land of freedom, so you should be happy to have children who are taught to think instead of just acting like robots

Didymus Much 08-27-2014 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnimeIsCool (Post 1107552)
...God wants us free...

What version of the Bible are you reading? :huh: