The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Satan's Entertainment (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=52617)

pyromcr 12-21-2010 11:53 PM

Re: DO NOT LET YOUR KIDS PLAY TEAM FORTRESS 2!!!

Hello, I heard of this on the Steam forums (Specifically the TF2 section) and I just had to come here and share my opinions. First of all, I am an avid player of this game and I do respect your opinions. But I am also free to share mine so here we go. You said your son is 15 right? This game is rated M for people 17 and up, he is not supposed to play this game for a reason, it is violent and has swears. Also, I would like to get one thing about this game out here now. IT IS A JOKE! This game satirizes stereotypes of the 50's. Your next point was that it was god bashing, its not. Remember, its a joke. It never bashes god anywhere. There is also no anti-america propaganda in this game. Finally, there are no gay characters in this game. The Medic examples are twisted to seem gay. Please, tell me again how this is a bad game? Also, I read some later posts and I saw a picture about the Soldier and the Demoman. There is a full comic that goes with that picture and in said comic is says that they are just friends. Do your research before you bash something.

On an unrelated note, things like this smiley :lex_12: are why a small group of muslims hate america and are killing our men in afghan.

Joe-XXXXXL 12-21-2010 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BritishCatholic (Post 659350)
Wow.

I am amazed. How very Christian the Mods are acting.
They detect any sort of counter argument, in this case the sexual preference of 9 Virtual people and the ban them.
Now does this not round up Christians as a whole? See something they don't or are too ignorant to understand and shun it as work of the devil.

If you really think this is what your god wanted, an elitist, ignorant society of the blind, carry on the way you are.

But until you have thoroughly played TF2 and understand it as well as you know your bible, Stop complaining

Bad me, it just proves my point

See you in Hell
Faithfully 8-Bit !!RD+/Bd7JZc6

You people should really listen to this guy.

Also your complaining about TF2 being about killing when you have this :lex_12: on you forums. Just doesn't seem right to me. + almost all games these days have killing in them. >.>

GOD=life 12-22-2010 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyromcr (Post 659383)
I just had to come here and share my opinions. First of all, I am an avid player of this game

Sorry, not interested in your opinions. People who play video games become mongoloids.

Quote:

But I am also free to share mine so here we go.

Fortunately, my family, particularly young Timothy, is free to ignore the opinions of gamegoloids.

Rev. Jim Osborne 12-22-2010 12:02 AM

Rhetorical question: How many more school shootings and senseless murders will take place before you idiot gamers finally wake up and realize how dangerous your FORTRESS TEAM 2 game is? How many?

I can't believe Nintendo games like this are allowed to be sold on the market. It's disgusting what our country has turned into.

BlackGayMuslim 12-22-2010 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackGayMuslim (Post 659381)
Y'all nigger muslims posting in a rage thread.

"We wanna discuss christian views", no, you wanna rage and be agreed with. Not the same thing.
Though, truth be told, not a single one of you is actually christian :sarcasm:

"We hate everything that is not christian" <-- Truely christian to thing that.
What would Jesus be thinking if he saw you right now. He who sacrificed himself for every single one of you. He who believed in the good of mankind, and believed in forgiveness.
He would probably be REALLY proud, seeing how Christianity has decayed into a bunch of low life insecure homosexuals arguing over a game that actually supports crosscountry alliances and peace.

You are all just racist nolifers, and are probably wasting away your life more than the players of this game.
If you spend your parents money on this game, then it is your problem, not the game's fault.

The mods can tell me to rot in hell all they want, but the truth is, as soon as you ban me, you are actually telling the world that i am right, and that you wont admit it.
Jesus is dissappointed in your racism and hate.
God is dissappointed in your intolerance and display of lacking ability to judge.
And every christian on the planet is going to suffer from all these consequences.

I really hope you enjoy yourselves, ruining christianity.:jesus:

Also, i just received a private message for this post, telling me that this forum is about praising Jesus.

You are doing it wrong, for the reasons stated in my previous post.

GOD=life 12-22-2010 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Scout (Post 659402)
Pfffff,This thread sucks on ice!

Well, this thread was a lot more "chill" before you youngsters barged in here.

Didymus Much 12-22-2010 12:09 AM

Quote:

On an unrelated note, things like this smiley :lex_12: are why a small group of muslims hate america and are killing our men in afghan.

When did the USA invade Afghanistan? 2001.

How old is www.landoverbaptist.net? September 2006.

Great job doing your research there! :sarcasm:

Rev. Jim Osborne 12-22-2010 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackGayMuslim (Post 659404)
Also, i just received a private message for this post, telling me that this forum is about praising Jesus.

You are doing it wrong, for the reasons stated in my previous post.

Can you show us where in the Bible that we are wrong? How are we bad Christians?

And before you say "Because you are hateful and judgmental" or some other nonsense, please show us book/chapter/verse to back up your insipid claims.

Joe-XXXXXL 12-22-2010 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rev. Jim Osborne (Post 659399)
Rhetorical question: How many more school shootings and senseless murders will take place before you idiot gamers finally wake up and realize how dangerous your FORTRESS TEAM 2 game is? How many?

I can't believe Nintendo games like this are allowed to be sold on the market. It's disgusting what our country has turned into.

So games are the reason for murders? I'm sorry but i play video games and i'd perfectly sane. If I'm honest i'd say you people are a bit crazy. Oh and on a side note, Nintendo didn't make this game.

GOD=life 12-22-2010 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joe-XL (Post 659415)
I'm sorry but i play video games and i'd perfectly sane.

That's like a drunk saying he doesn't have a drinking problem...

The first step is admitting that you have a problem. You're still in denial. You need a friend to help you get out of denial. That friend is Jesus Christ.

Would you like some pointers on how to get started on your journey to the Lord?

Heavy Weapons Guy 12-22-2010 12:13 AM

I am big Christian man, very big Christian man, and Teams of the Fortress makes me very sad. I showed game to my good friend San D'vich, and he wept tears of crying for many days. We must destroy video game to protect leetle children of the world. :Peace:

pyromcr 12-22-2010 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOD=life (Post 659398)
Sorry, not interested in your opinions. People who play video games become mongoloids.

Fortunately, my family, particularly young Timothy, is free to ignore the opinions of gamegoloids.

Wow, I try to be one of the few nice people who come and pose a reasonable counter example and this is the response I get? Well, time for me to go burn ANOTHER bible. piffle christianity, god and jesus are lies. All of you are crazy assholes who want to kill anyone who is different all in the name of some made up man in the sky. One last thing, so you are saying that people who play Tetris and Farmvile are evil? That makes sense!

Alucard65535 12-22-2010 12:16 AM

Well, let's see here. This is a list of what I've seen in this thread:

-Racism
-Ignorance
-Unforgiveness
-Blasphemy
-Outright lies

This is coming from you mods and "christians," not the people coming here to defend Team Fortress 2.

But before I get banned, I have a few questions for all you mods and christians of the forums.

Did Adam and Eve have belly buttons?
Was God actually merciful in the Old Testament? It was my understanding that He just killed everyone that didn't obey Him. Was I incorrect in that belief?

Also, it's kind of amusing to see how you ban everyone who disagrees with you. More than that, it's sad. It doesn't matter though, when you have crazy shit like:

Quote:

Destroying our economy!
Minecraft teaches children that you can create your own tools by combining ingredients instead of the American way of ordering online or going to Walmart. It teaches children they can farm their own food instead of teaching them the American way of going to McDonald's. It teaches them to waste huge amounts of time on making their own buildings instead of the American way of buying a house with borrowed money! It teaches children to be creative instead of watching commercials on television! All this clearly damages and ultimately destroys the American economy! It can be no coincidence that this game was created while Obama is in office!
All about Minecraft. And stories of a man forcing rats to eat their way into his wife's abdomen. You all think you're righteous, but the fact of the matter is you're all insane fascist assholes who think you're still living in the 9th century where there's no such thing as science, honor, sense of right and wrong, or any degree of sanity.

Good day to you all.

BlackGayMuslim 12-22-2010 12:16 AM

Quote:

FORTRESS TEAM 2?!
You don't even know the name of the game, maybe you should not begin judging it?

Also, not a single school shootout has been with neither a scattergun, needlegun, sniper-rifle, bazooka, flamethrower, shovel, pickaxe so on and so forth.

Besides from that, not a single school shootout have ever been able to be connected to a videogame directly.

I for one vote for total videogame banishment, including banishment of Little Big Planet, Sims, Rollercoaster Tycoon, Train and Flight simulators, and even Hello Kitty Online, cus they are CLEARLY against christianity!
Obviously.

Jedediah 12-22-2010 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pyromcr (Post 659422)
Wow, I try to be one of the few nice people who come and pose a reasonable counter example and this is the response I get? Well, time for me to go burn ANOTHER bible. piffle christianity, god and jesus are lies. All of you are crazy assholes who want to kill anyone who is different all in the name of some made up man in the sky. One last thing, so you are saying that people who play Tetris and Farmvile are evil? That makes sense!

If you do not change your wicked ways, ignoring the instructions God left for us in the Bible, then when you die, a demon will tear your depraved soul from your body. He will laugh at you for being so foolish in the life God gave to you as to be led astray by false deceivers and their false doctrines. He will grab you by the ankle, spin you around, and hurtle you into a black abyss.

You will fall for what seems like days. Then you will feel it getting hotter, and you will see a small read dot off in the distance. As you fall closer to the red dot, your skin will blister from the heat, and the dot will grow larger. As you get closer and closer, you will see horned beasts flying above what appear to be the shapes of men and women thrashing around in a pool of lava. These are the souls of the damned, and you are on your way to joining them.

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Your skin will burn off. You will writhe in agony and gnash your teeth so hard they shatter. Oh, how you will scream and scream and scream. But no one is here to help you. You have already rejected Jesus, and now it is too late. The flying demons will swoop down upon you, lift you out of the molten lava, and tear you to shreds. This is their way of welcoming you to hell. You will instantly regenerate, only to suffer these and other, indescribable torments for eternity.

Isaiah 66:24
And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

But there is Good News! You still have a chance to avoid this fate if you repent of your wickedness, ask Jesus into your heart, be washed in His Blood, and live by every word contained in the Bible (KJV 1611). We love you as only a True Christian™ could, and we want you to join us in Heaven. Won't you please reconsider the path you are on and walk in the ways of True Christianity™?

GOD=life 12-22-2010 12:20 AM

Quote:

Wow, I try to be one of the few nice people who come and pose a reasonable counter example and this is the response I get? Well, time for me to go burn ANOTHER bible. piffle christianity, god and jesus are lies. All of you are crazy assholes who want to kill anyone who is different all in the name of some made up man in the sky.

If you're this easily provoked into going berserk on us, then your initial act of "kindness" wasn't that sincere to begin with.

It does demonstrate, once again, that gamegoloids can be "nice" one moment and go completely crazy on you the next. They are unpredictable.

Liberational 12-22-2010 12:21 AM

Quote:

Yet the war that America is having in Iraq, the senseless violence portrayed in the news, the simple ability to purchase guns and hunting equipment, the wars between gangs in the streets, the shackling up of your own children, not allowing them to play on a simple video game, perhaps that has something to do with the murders and shootings?

I have always been brought up with the right frame of mind, allowed to do good things and bad things, people learn for themselves. I was never pressured into doing something that I didn't want to do, and I was allowed to play "senseless violent video games". I got an A+ in my Religious Education studies exam and I ended up going to University to become a Broadcast Journalist. When finished I will be looking to earn over £25,000, roughly calculated as about $35,000 dollars per year.

If you look back on this entire post, yes it has gotten out of hand, but you are all dismissing something you know very little about. And if I may, the creator of this post. Do you honestly think that your Son played a video game and that's why he gets into fights? He get's into fights because he can't do ANYTHING at home except read a bible and go to church, all his other school friends can play on games, watch films, listen to music, but he isn't able to do any of those things.

You are all blaming all the young people (and yes I will admit that we haven't put up a great argument by responding to these insults) for knowing nothing about anything and for being "Mongoloids" for playing video games (to quote the phrase above). I have played video games all my life and I know people who have, and I have actually played Team Fortress 2, I used to play it when I was about 10. How could a "Mongoloid" such as myself be well educated and have an earning potential that high and still be a nice and mature person, when according to all of your rules I want to bash someones head in and start "making love" to men...

Perhaps instead of condemning and banning the people who are arguing that this game is not bad, you should actually listen to them and take some advice, sit down and play it for yourselves, or do you believe that the devil will take you over if you do? Do you honestly believe that if you sit down and play this game, rather than sit watching war-zones and are surrounded by gun stores everywhere, you are more likely to go out and shoot someone?

Joe-XXXXXL 12-22-2010 12:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GOD=life (Post 659419)
That's like a drunk saying he doesn't have a drinking problem...

The first step is admitting that you have a problem. You're still in denial. You need a friend to help you get out of denial. That friend is Jesus Christ.

Would you like some pointers on how to get started on your journey to the Lord?

How can someone be insane simply because they play video games? How can you even call me insane when you've never even met me?

Heavy Weapons Guy 12-22-2010 12:24 AM

Quote:

Wow, I try to be one of the few nice people who come and pose a reasonable counter example and this is the response I get? Well, time for me to go burn ANOTHER bible. piffle christianity, god and jesus are lies. All of you are crazy assholes who want to kill anyone who is different all in the name of some made up man in the sky. One last thing, so you are saying that people who play Tetris :devil: and Farmvile are evil? That makes sense!

In my country, Tetris is anti-block propaganda. He who plays Tetris in motherland is considered supporter of mass blockocide. It is most evil of all times.

P.S. I have added leetle devil man next to "Tetris" for emphasis.

pyromcr 12-22-2010 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jedediah (Post 659433)
If you do not change your wicked ways, ignoring the instructions God left for us in the Bible, then when you die, a demon will tear your depraved soul from your body. He will laugh at you for being so foolish in the life God gave to you as to be led astray by false deceivers and their false doctrines. He will grab you by the ankle, spin you around, and hurtle you into a black abyss.

You will fall for what seems like days. Then you will feel it getting hotter, and you will see a small read dot off in the distance. As you fall closer to the red dot, your skin will blister from the heat, and the dot will grow larger. As you get closer and closer, you will see horned beasts flying above what appear to be the shapes of men and women thrashing around in a pool of lava. These are the souls of the damned, and you are on your way to joining them.

Revelation 21:8
But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable, and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death.

Your skin will burn off. You will writhe in agony and gnash your teeth so hard they shatter. Oh, how you will scream and scream and scream. But no one is here to help you. You have already rejected Jesus, and now it is too late. The flying demons will swoop down upon you, lift you out of the molten lava, and tear you to shreds. This is their way of welcoming you to hell. You will instantly regenerate, only to suffer these and other, indescribable torments for eternity.

Isaiah 66:24
And they shall go forth, and look upon the carcases of the men that have transgressed against me: for their worm shall not die, neither shall their fire be quenched; and they shall be an abhorring unto all flesh.

But there is Good News! You still have a chance to avoid this fate if you repent of your wickedness, ask Jesus into your heart, be washed in His Blood, and live by every word contained in the Bible (KJV 1611). We love you as only a True Christian™ could, and we want you to join us in Heaven. Won't you please reconsider the path you are on and walk in the ways of True Christianity™?

I just said that I believe there is no god, so is this supposed to scare me?