The Landover Baptist Church Forum

The Landover Baptist Church Forum (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumindex.php)
-   Teaching His Word (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/forumdisplay.php?f=9)
-   -   Jesus Wore Pants, Not a Dress! (https://www.landoverbaptist.net/showthread.php?t=87047)

Pastor Ezekiel 01-25-2013 03:23 AM

Jesus Wore Pants, Not a Dress!

This is an excerpt from the sermon, "The Importance of the Next Generation" preached by Pastor Steven L Anderson at Faithful Word Baptist Church in Tempe, Arizona. Shout Glory!!

To download the entire sermon, please visit www dot faithfulwordbaptist dot org where over 300 free mp3 sermons are available.

Pastor Isaac Peters 01-25-2013 12:47 PM

Re: Jesus Wore Pants, Not a Dress!

Glory! Pastor Anderson is one of the Godliest, most Biblically grounded preachers outside of Landover Baptist Church.

Motty the Zit-Faced Lezbean 01-28-2013 10:53 PM

Glory! I do not know how many times our Lord Jesus has been disgustingly portrayed as feminine in a dress :bad:

BelieverInGod 01-28-2013 11:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Motty the Zit-Faced Lezbean (Post 972659)
Glory! I do not know how many times our Lord Jesus has been disgustingly portrayed as feminine in a dress :bad:

That's surprising coming from you. Are you finally figuring out the Word of God?

Nobar King 01-29-2013 12:01 AM

It's a perv and a zit faced lesbian. I'm pretty sure those words are all lies.

Motty the Zit-Faced Lezbean 01-29-2013 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BelieverInGod (Post 972665)
That's surprising coming from you. Are you finally figuring out the Word of God?

I have started studying the Bible (KJV of course) and I took all the words to heart. Jesus started turning my life around as soon as I accepted him into my heart. :wub:

SickSadWorld 01-29-2013 07:37 AM

No, no, no, no! Jesus did not wear pants! There is so much wrong with this statement, I cannot even begin to fathom it.

I'll get the non-religious stuff that you guys hate reading over with first: From what I've learned in my Fashion Marketing class, pants themselves were not around until the late 1500's. Even with that, they didn't become a staple until the 1800's. Basically before that time, only certain people would have been seen in pants (mainly sailors and entertainers)

Dating back to the time of Jesus, pants would not even have been a thought in the mind of the humble son of God- and even if some variation of them did exist at the time, only the elite would have owned them. I will certainly NOT be convinced that Jesus was an elite.

Also in that time period, the "dress-like" robe would not have been considered feminine. It was logical for the climate- hot, desert temperatures. A light-weight, boundless linen is only suitable.

PLUS Matthew 8:20 < The guy did not even have a place to live. He would not have owned pants in this time period- it is too historically inaccurate!

All in all, the pastor in the video is young, naive and uneducated (I'd assume, anyway). They were not called "skirts" or "dresses" back then.

(This is me taking religion AND history into account. Do not attack me please.)

Redeemed Papist 01-29-2013 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SickSadWorld (Post 972810)
No, no, no, no! Jesus did not wear pants!

Secular conjecture based on stuff by the same failures of historians who can't even find any evidence of Jesus who we know was real.

Step into your time machine, did you? None of what you just posted proves Jesus did not wear pants.

Do you honestly think I'm going to listen to your words based on the scribblings of some academic loser over a Godly Pastor fired up with the Holy Spirit?

Mary Etheldreda 01-29-2013 08:04 AM

Quote:

No, no, no, no! Jesus did not wear pants!

Are you seriously suggesting Jesus spent His time skipping around in dresses!

:fear2:

BelieverInGod 01-29-2013 08:17 AM

Quote:

No, no, no, no! Jesus did not wear pants! There is so much wrong with this statement, I cannot even begin to fathom it.

I'll get the non-religious stuff that you guys hate reading over with first: From what I've learned in my Fashion Marketing class, pants themselves were not around until the late 1500's. Even with that, they didn't become a staple until the 1800's. Basically before that time, only certain people would have been seen in pants (mainly sailors and entertainers)

Dating back to the time of Jesus, pants would not even have been a thought in the mind of the humble son of God- and even if some variation of them did exist at the time, only the elite would have owned them. I will certainly NOT be convinced that Jesus was an elite.

Also in that time period, the "dress-like" robe would not have been considered feminine. It was logical for the climate- hot, desert temperatures. A light-weight, boundless linen is only suitable.

PLUS Matthew 8:20 < The guy did not even have a place to live. He would not have owned pants in this time period- it is too historically inaccurate!

All in all, the pastor in the video is young, naive and uneducated (I'd assume, anyway). They were not called "skirts" or "dresses" back then.

(This is me taking religion AND history into account. Do not attack me please.)

Pastor Anderson is one of the Holiest men outside of Landover. The people of Tampa are BLESSED to have such a man there.

I'm supposed to take the word of some school child over that of the word of God? What exactly do you think "breeches" are?

Russell Holbeck 01-29-2013 09:14 AM

Hello Pastor Ezekiel. Thank you for posting the video it was very good. Pastor Steven L. Anderson sure knows his Bible.

He mentioned something in the video that really bugs me and that is the teenagers walking around with their pants pulled down and their underwear showing. It used to only be the colored boys but now I see normal boys doing it.

I stopped one the other day and told him to pull his britches up and he told me to step off but I was not standing on anything so he looked pretty stupid for saying that. Then he told his friend they needed to bounce but they walked away regular.

I did not get to tell him how many times God talks about nakedness in Leviticus 18 but maybe I will see him again. God is very thorough on this subject.

Thank you.

Rusty

JustBeatMe 02-25-2013 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mary Etheldreda (Post 972819)
Are you seriously suggesting Jesus spent His time skipping around in dresses!

:fear2:

Jesus looks like this

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-gjn0TDUvPn...nsolatornd.jpg

So, as can you see, no pants and no dress ;)

BelieverInGod 02-25-2013 09:56 PM

Pastor Anderson is probably one of the most Godly people outside of Landover.

Who is somebody that hasn't even read the Bible, to question him? Did you even bother to listen to his sermon? Or did you just jump on the bandwagon to cause trouble.

Pastor Isaac Peters 02-25-2013 10:22 PM

As I have to keep reminding the unsaved, paintings purporting to be of Jesus, made centuries after the fact, aren't the Word of God. Only the Word of God is the Word of God.

turdbear 03-05-2013 02:15 AM

I'm curious to know if Pastor Anderson is on this board.

BelieverInGod 03-05-2013 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by teddybear (Post 983602)
I'm curious to know if Pastor Anderson is on this board.

Nope,

He's the head Pastor of Faithful Word Baptist Church in Tempe Arizona. I pray that if Seth is transferred again that find a pastor as Holy as Pastor Zeke, or Pastor Anderson.

Here's a link to his YouTube page.
http://www.youtube.com/user/sanderson1611

His wife used to have a great house keeping blog, but she's locked it down because a lot of people who hated her husband would go after her with such venom that it would make you sick.

august 03-05-2013 03:33 AM

This man is worrying about nothing. Jesus lived in a certain time and place and wore the garments men of that time wore. We don't have to prove He wore the same things we wear in order for us to be True Christians. The preacher may as well argue that Jesus wore a suit and tie.

BelieverInGod 03-05-2013 03:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by august (Post 983625)
This man is worrying about nothing. Jesus lived in a certain time and place and wore the garments men of that time wore. We don't have to prove He wore the same things we wear in order for us to be True Christians. The preacher may as well argue that Jesus wore a suit and tie.

So you're another one who doesn't care what the Bible says?

Why do you people even call yourself "christian" why not call yourself "augustian" since you obviously worship a god you've created in your own image.

Mary Etheldreda 03-05-2013 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by august (Post 983625)

This fine and anointed preacher is not "worried," dear. He is quite secure in his Salvation©, as he ought to be. What he is doing is sharing the Good News to others who may not have heard it: The Holy Bible can be trusted from the very first verse to the very last, no exceptions. This includes things like men acting like men.